What the hell is Arecibo ?
Arecibo is a city on the coast of Puerto Rico in South America. But this is not about the city of Arecibo, but about the Arecibo Observatory, which is a bit inland. Until 2016, the world’s largest radio telescope was located here. With this, the Arecibo message was not only transmitted into space as part of the SETI project, but it also served as a backdrop for numerous film and television productions. In 2020, however, the suspension cable 4 tore, causing the instrument platform to fall onto the parabolic mirror and damaging it beyond repair. To pay homage to this wonderful scientific instrument, I decided to use it as the subject for my next forest map.
The card includes the following things:
- 8 big forest areas (very demanding)
- Sawmill with 10 times the production speed and 500000 L wood storage capacity
- 9 areas that can be used to build productions or as fields
- a startup operation
- Sawmill, vehicle dealer, livestock dealer, gas station, point of sale for standard products
- double income when selling at the “Multi Sale” station
- a 500 m parabolic mirror inviting to Nascar-like races
- a walk-in instrument platform
- a visitor center that offers a wonderful view of the radio telescope
- 1 exhibition in the visitor center dealing with the origin and history of the radio telescope
- numerous gravel and mud roads on which to hold rallies
- AI loops on gravel roads to support the AI
- many Collectibles
- no field management by AI, therefore no orders available
In order to increase the fun of the game, a completely realistic replica was dispensed with.
I wish all users a lot of fun exploring this map.